Hey! Remember this thumb? It’s more famous than the guy who ran this blog: http://dramathan.tumblr.com/ Rec-A-Day is back ladies and dobermans only it’s called Rec-A-Week and it’s not just a clever name this way of giving me more time (a week to be exact) to thoroughly review and relate the wax. Those of you who aren’t familiar with Rec-A-Day… well it was a 365 where every day for a fucking year I posted a 7”, 10”, 12” and in one case a 4” wax and wrote about it. Not just a review but how it related to my life.. a diary told through records that got me into so much trouble! Only this time you won’t be seeing my thumb…awwww I know. But I assure you the places these records pop up will be worth your while. So yeah, come check it out: http://recaweek.tumblr.com/
Better late than never.
To Help You Get Back In To The Groove(Y)…
CLICK THE PIC
So the A Week With Geeks is gone but not forgotten. We are back, revamped and with reinforcements. The new line up is as follows (with exceptions w/ today and tomorrow):
Lily aka Eekitslily= Mon
Anthony aka Hellobitchface= Wed
Ben The Butcher= Thurs
Dan The Man= Fri
Eddie aka HorrorHead=Sat
John & Roxanne=Sun
Got it? When I try to explain this blog collective to people I like to say “It’s like the View but not as lame by way of High Fidelity with the top 5 picks and all” I guess I’m like Whoopi today but I am usually Tuesday and not as dark. I kid! Since we always have a topic or theme I thought wouldn’t it be perfect to do top 5 fav Tv Theme Songs?! So here we go!
I was trying to come up with some kind of criteria only for the simple purpose of hopefully cutting down my selection of theme songs. Should it have lyrics specifically taylored to the show like Living Single? Maybe instrumental like I Love Lucy or the X-Men? (both of which I love and couldn’t bare to live without) Should I use theme songs that were songs before they hit the small screen like The Smiths How Soon is Now for Charmed or Joan Jett & The Black Hearts’ Bad Reputation? I basically closed eyes and started belting out the first thing that came to mind and this is what I came up with. Not the best, not the worst, just some of my favs that stuck! And let’s get real that’s what a good theme song is supposed to do right… get fucking stuck! Right off the bat I got my number five.
5) The first one that I started singing was Pepper Ann believe it or not. Even though I was actually watching a holiday episode of Roseanne. I just think it’s the bitchiest-jrhigh thing in the world when you hear the girl ask “Who is that girl and why does she have her own song?” : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcajSzQX4k8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL67B050752AD7B79E
4) Wonder Woman In high school I actually made a gyno-ecentric mixtape that started with this intro but the one from I think season one with the lyrics. It’s classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R45kkVRM4MQ
3) Malcom In The Middle mostly because I’ve heard it a lot more often since I became a Manny but if that was the only reason I would be posting Jimmy Neutron or fucking Spongebob Square Pants.. truth is it amps me up just as much as it does the kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYDZafcoZTc&feature=related
2) Absolutely Fabulous The word “DUH!” comes to mind. Not only is it a great song and I sing along everytime I hear it but sometimes I’ll just sing it for the fuck of it. One of the greatest shows EVER! I couldn’t find a good one of the O.G. first series so I thought it would be fun to share the original song By Julie Driscoll… this was the first time I actually heard it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuqRjXlrIm0
and finally… drumroll please…
1) Has to be Laverne & Shirley a tad bit silly I know butit was just so perfect for this week’s theme of themes and still had a little feminist cred w/ the lyrics. It also got me thinking what would be The Culture Vulturez theme song????? Any suggestions?
Hope you fell madly in like.
On behalf of all the Culture Vulturez thanxxx for tuning in.. get it?,
for Eddie’s mixxx we split up the love… I took the A-Side (in blue) and Anthony did the B-Side (in green)